Monday, December 22, 2008

Best Of 2008: Top 5 Movies

So it's here. During the next few days, I'll be putting online my top favourite lists for 2008. Enjoy!
Starting with movies, I'm sure there's a lot of good ones that were left out, simpy because I didn't get the chance to see them. But anyway, these five totally rocked my world...

5. Cloverfield (dir. Matt Reeves)

It really made you feel like you were there, didn't it?


4. Twilight (dir. Catherine Hardwicke)

A touching love story, with the extra bonus that it had vampires in it.


3. Otto; Or, Up With Dead People (dir. Bruce LaBruce)

The outside movie of the year, and one that made you feel weirdly connected to a zombie.


2. The Dark Knight (dir. Christopher Nolan)

"Why so serious?"... and enough said.


1. WALL-E (dir. Andrew Stanton)

I have a thing for robots and this one should win an oscar for having the cutest eyes ever. And by the way, it's good to know that it's possible to make a big-bidget movie where the first half has no dialogues, only digital noises, and still get away with it.

No comments: